Instructor - Adjunct - Commercial Driver License
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Education Corporation of America owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as via the Internet from our corporate headquarters near Birmingham, Alabama. Our schools serve the needs of thousands of students while giving employers an educated and skilled workforce in the markets where we are located.
We provide educational opportunities in business, administrative, management, medical, technical and professional programs that are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market in the career areas of their choice. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is expected to be the highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful and enabling atmosphere.
To learn more about our company, please click here: www.ecacolleges.com
Under general supervision, plans and implements CDL curriculum and Vehicle maneuvers for students within the program. Communicates class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma required
- At least 5 years of CDL-A class driving experience, either over the road (OTR) or delivery
- Must possess a Valid CDL Class A license for at least 5 years
- No violations and no moving violations in last 36 months
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers the syllabus for the CDL course assigned based on ACICS and department criteria. The syllabus is to include learning objectives expressed in behavioral terms.
- Distributes the syllabus to students at the first scheduled class session.
- Teaches the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relates the instruction to careers and employer expectations.
- Prepare and grades examinations based upon course objectives and published exam schedule and returns all assignments in a timely manner.
- Implements evaluation for outcomes assessment, and achieves established results while maintaining college standards of student satisfaction.
- Works creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
- Leaves the classroom or training yard clean, organized, and ready for the next user.
- Submits, at the designated time, final grades for all students on the class roster.
- Accurately maintains attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, submits class roster daily, maintains a separate record of attendance and grades that is clearly labeled and turned in at the end of the term.
- Calls all students who are absent and submits written reports of pertinent information to the Program Director.
- Attends faculty meetings, in-service meetings, graduation and other college events as required by the College.
- Dresses professionally in accordance with the CDL faculty dress code.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to evaluate and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to work with administrators on procedural decisions and judgments based on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of CDL permitting and driver qualification requirements.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply current education methods and techniques.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
Requisition Number: 103650340INPV121620151
Title: Instructor – Adjunct – Commercial Driver License
Post Date: 12/9/2016
Location: Virginia College – Birmingham