Instructor - Adjunct - Medical Billing and Coding/Healthcare
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Education Corporation of America owns and operates private accredited colleges Under general supervision, plans and implements curriculum and educational programs for students within the program. Communicates class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives.
Certification required in either, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, or CPC. Minimum of an Associate Degree, and 2 years of work experience in the field (hospital or physician’s office)
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful? Then consider joining us at Virginia College.
Virginia College is a private institution of higher education committed to offering associate degrees, diploma courses, and baccalaureate degrees at its various campuses. These programs strengthen the student’s ability to enter or advance in a chosen career. The student’s learning experience and placement opportunities are enhanced through studies that provide a balance of general academics, technical skills and personal growth.
We keep education relevant by employing staff and instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure students studies align with their career goals. Programs offered by Virginia College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Requisition Number: 103340INVP03172016BHM
Title: Instructor – Adjunct – Medical Billing and Coding/Healthcare Reimbursement
Post Date: 12/9/2016
Location: Virginia College – Birmingham