Student Accounts Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Education Corporation of America owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as via the Internet from our corporate headquarters near Birmingham, Alabama. Our schools serve the needs of thousands of students while giving employers an educated and skilled workforce in the markets where we are located.
We provide educational opportunities in business, administrative, management, medical, technical and professional programs that are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market in the career areas of their choice. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is expected to be the highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful and enabling atmosphere.
To learn more about our company, please click here: www.ecacolleges.com
The Student Accounts Specialist is responsible for maintenance of student ledger cards according to defined company and industry guidelines. This includes posting charges, payments, refunds and credits. This position is also responsible for ensuring the ledger records in the student information system (SIS) are reconciled and accurate.
Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Preferred fields of study include accounting and finance.
At least 3-5 years comparable experience required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform accurate posting of all Title IV funds for assigned location(s).
- Resolve any Title IV credit balances within company and federal deadlines.
- Perform accurate posting of all charges and credits for assigned location(s).
- Perform return to Title IV calculations on all withdrawn students ensuring both accuracy and timeliness.
- Perform all reconciliation of student account records in our student information system to rosters.
- Perform duties necessary to monitor and refer past due accounts to collections.
- Resolve issues by escalating questions to management to determine appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure all individual student transactions (charges, payments, and institutional scholarships) are in compliance with ECA, Military and DOE policies.
- Provide customer service support to the campus by explaining student account information to students when questions arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Skilled in organizing resources, establish priorities and execute daily activities to achieve short and long range performance goals.
- Prior experience in Student Accounts is highly desirable, preferably within the college level in for-profit schools.
- Proven outstanding skills in interpersonal communication and customer service, excellent listening skills.
- Ability to reconcile large volume accounts utilizing a variety of reconciliation tools.
- Knowledge of, and experience in using conflict resolution strategies and methods.
- Adept in problem resolution in a highly diverse and fast paced environment.
- Ability to review numbers and process information accurately.
- Basic computer skills with extensive knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Experience with CampusVue is a plus.
Education Corporation of America® owns and operates private institutions of higher education throughout the United States, serving thousands of students and providing qualified employees to businesses in the communities we serve.
We offer associate degrees, diploma/certificate courses, master’s degrees and baccalaureate degrees at our various campuses and online. These programs are designed to equip students with specific skills that strengthen their ability to enter or advance in a chosen career.
Requisition Number: 000430STASS002ECA
Title: Student Accounts Specialist
Post Date: 5/2/2016