Instructor - Adjunct - Medical Assisting
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Education Corporation of America owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as Online from our corporate headquarters near Birmingham, Alabama. Our schools serve the needs of thousands of students while giving employers an educated and skilled workforce in the markets where we are located.
We provide educational opportunities in business, administrative, management, medical, technical and professional programs that are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market in the career areas of their choice. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is expected to be the highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful and enabling atmosphere.
To learn more about our company, please click here:www.ecacolleges.com.
You have a general positive sense of the future, and you like to see positives in other people and most situations! You’re a pleasant person to be around and you can solve problems fairly quickly. You love working with people and can stay focused on your primary objectives. If these behaviors sound like you then we can provide an opportunity for you to exercise your unique skill sets and make a major impact in your community as a Medical Assistant Instructor.
A good instructor loves to make a difference in the lives of students. Its hard work. You must be an innovator, researcher, encourager, motivator, and sometimes counselor. You must have compassion, patience, diligence, and a thick skin all for the inner satisfaction of having helped shape someone’s future. In other words, you have to love teaching to be an instructor.
As the Medical Assistant Instructor you will work with students, the Dean and Program Director. You should possess good interpersonal skills in relating to students, and other faculty members, Career Services and Enrollment Specialists.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
- Possess the knowledge and skill set of each class taught.
- Maintain classroom control and enforce rules outlined in the student hand-book.
- Teach to all learning styles and find ways to catch the confused.
- Encourage, support and reinforce all students to develop self-esteem and professionalism.
- Develop syllabi based on ACICS and Corporate standards.
- Assign out-of-class homework that support the curriculum.
- Post grades, attendance and complete mid-term progress reports in a timely manner, and communicate concerns to allow students the opportunity to improve.
- Engage the students and find ways to teach skills and curriculum using fresh and new ideas.
- Schedule field trips and guest speakers that reinforce curriculum topics.
- Encourage students to attend, participate and demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Communicate with PD, Dean and students concerning grades, attendance and other concerns.
The duties and responsibilities above are intended to describe the general requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.****
Your time will be spent participating in the following activities:
- 70% – Student/Classroom Interaction
- 20% – Grading/Preparing and Portal Activities
- 5% – Communication
- 5% – Required In-service/meetings/Continuing Education
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma, Certificate, Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral Degree
- Must have one of the following acceptable certifications (not required if ADN or higher):
- CMA, RMA, or CCMA
- Must have:
- Two years of occupational experience in the subject field, OR;
- A minimum of three years of job-related training and experience in the subject field for those candidates who are not graduates from an accredited program in the subject field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
- The ability to communicate information and ideas, written and verbal, so others will understand
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
Requisition Number: 103330340INPV311131
Title: Instructor – Adjunct – Medical Assisting
Post Date: 12/9/2016
Location: Virginia College – Birmingham