Business Development Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
DOTHAN, AL 36302
This positions individual responsibility is to assist in the development, profit and performance of their assigned accounts. To grow their customer base from new and existing accounts resulting in improved sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. *
Responsible for assigned accounts for sales and profitability.
Responsible for opening new accounts to insure the growth of the branch.
Compiles list of prospective customers for use as sales leads from all available sources.
Meets regularly with all current and perspective sales accounts.
Builds store displays, demonstrates product, emphasize features and benefits with assigned accounts.
Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
Obtains credit information on prospective customers and forwards findings to credit department.
Prepares reports of business transactions and accurately keeps expense accounts.
Maintains customer database in computer.
Maintains professional relationship with all internal departments.
Actively involved with solving customer problems.
Attends training as necessary to improve product and job knowledge.
Builds and maintains a team effort consistent with the goals of the company.
1. Must have a valid driver’s license.
2. Leadership and motivational ability, time management and organizational skills.
3. Exceptional wholesale sales and expense control ability.
4. Customer service oriented and a high level of professional integrity.
5. Mathematical and analytical skills necessary to budget forecast and evaluate sales and profit performance.
6. Strong telephone, verbal, written and personal communication skills.
7. Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
8. Possession of a valid in-state motor vehicle license.
9. Knowledge of tires highly desirable.
10. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
11. Computer skills desirable.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a high school diploma or it’s equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in the field or related area.