Instructor - Adjunct - Surgical Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful? Then consider joining us at Virginia College.
You are a person who prefers to take a reasonable approach to overcoming obstacles, and will usually persist until issues are resolved. You are motivated to meet deadlines and organizational standards while keeping activities running smoothly and projects under control. If these behaviors sound like you then we can provide an opportunity for you to exercise your unique skill sets and make a major impact in your community as a Surgical Technology Instructor.
A good instructor loves to make a difference in the lives of students. It’s hard work. You must be an innovator, researcher, encourager, motivator, and sometimes counselor. You must have compassion, patience, diligence, and a thick skin all for the inner satisfaction of having helped shape someone’s future. In other words, you have to love teaching to be an instructor.
As the Surgical Technology Instructor, you will collaborate with the Program Director and the Clinical coordinator. You should possess good interpersonal skills in relating to students, and other faculty members, Career Services and Enrollment Specialists.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have Diploma/Certificate (CST), Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree in Surgical Technology; OR,
- Documented hospital based training program within the last five years; OR,
- Documented military based training program within the last five years as a Surgical Technologist
- Must have two years of experience as a Surgical Technologies
- Possess proficient scrubbing skills and a sound knowledge base of the procedural techniques applied in surgery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- The ability to recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
Virginia College is a private institution of higher education committed to offering associate degrees, diploma courses, and baccalaureate degrees at its various campuses. These programs strengthen the student’s ability to enter or advance in a chosen career. The student’s learning experience and placement opportunities are enhanced through studies that provide a balance of general academics, technical skills and personal growth.
We keep education relevant by employing staff and instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure students studies align with their career goals. Programs offered by Virginia College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Requisition Number: 103340INPV08032016BHM
Title: Instructor – Adjunct – Surgical Technician
Post Date: 12/9/2016
Location: Virginia College – Birmingham