General Engineer (level V)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Position and Title: General Engineer(Level V)
Identification Number: AEC-BMDED-TESS-003
Location: Huntsville, AL / Colorado Springs, CO
Employment Category: Full Time / Exempt
Travel: As directed, estimated 30% CONUS and OCONUS
Drug screening: Yes
Security Clearance: Must have or be able to obtain a DoD issued Top Secret with SSBI
Education: Master’s Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and fifteen years applicable experience; or a Doctorate Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and fifteen years applicable experience.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience, education and qualifications.
• BMA is seeking an experienced General Engineer to support the Army Evaluation Center’s (AEC) Ballistic Missile Defense Evaluation Directorate (BMDED) Task Order.The BMDED
• The Army Evaluation Center’s mission is to plan, support, conduct, and provide independent evaluations, assessments, and experiments in order to provide essential information to DOD acquisition decision-makers.AEC provides a disciplined approach to ensure efficient and rigorous testing leading to adequate evaluations of acquisition systems.
• The Ballistic Missile Defense Evaluation Directorate provides an independent Operational Assessment and Evaluation of the Ballistic Missile Defense System capability to defend the U.S., its deployed forces, friends, and allies against ballistic missiles of all ranges and in all phases of flight.
• May serve as a working leader responsible for leading and providing technical advice and direction to lower graded personnel.Duties may include, but are not limited to, monitoring work; ensuring product quality, accuracy, and timeliness; consolidating reports for COR regarding status updates and billing; and reviewing collected data for completeness, accuracy, and validity.Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental, and community concerns are adequately addressed.
• Serves as an expert for providing technical guidance and information to meet requirements.
• Operates with general instructions; selected portions of work will be reviewed in detail to measure adequacy of approach, execution, and presentation.
• Duties and responsibilities include: devises new approaches to problems encountered and to accomplish assigned tasks with efficiency, dispatch, and thoroughness; independently prepares (or directs others in the preparation of), computation/analyses, specifications, and technical reports in the specific area of technical expertise; selects and applies engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity; and reviews and evaluates the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of engineering tasks.
• Plans, designs, coordinates, executes, monitors, evaluates and reports test and evaluation of materiel, incorporating state-of-the-art technology and requiring substantial deviation from established test procedures and/or development of new test capability or instrumentation systems.Performs fundamental research, feasibility, engineering design or development of tests.Performs independently on projects having the characteristics described above.
• Attends meetings and conferences that relate to assigned area of responsibility and assists in the isolation and resolution of controversial and novel issues regarding items being developed and tested.
• Informs Government personnel about matters covered during meetings and information provided and received.Assists in scheduling tests and coordinating support requirements with test scheduling office and supporting organizational elements.Observes or participates in the execution of assigned tests as required.
• Monitors performance of the test item and adequacy of data collection, and facilitates range, test course and laboratory safety.
• Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental and community concerns are adequately addressed.Reviews the data collected for completeness, accuracy and validity.
• Analyzes test data in terms of serviceability, cost conditions where the item will be developed, etc., and prepares final test report outlining problem areas revealed during the test and making recommendations and conclusions as to the suitability of the materiel being tested.
• Due to the uniqueness and complexity of materiel being tested, the incumbent is required to prepare intricate, detailed and interpretative analysis of test results.
• Must possess a Master’s Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and fifteen years applicable experience; or a Doctorate Degree in engineering specialization or related discipline and fifteen years applicable experience.
• Experience in DOD integrated test philosophy, test regulations, and coordinated test and evaluation programs are required.
• Must be familiar with DOD drawings, specifications practices, formats and procedures.
• Must have five years’ experience leading/supervising.
• Must demonstrates BMDS experience which is defined as three years of experience gained supporting at least one of the following systems:BMDS combines the weapon and sensor capabilities of many different elements including Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Aegis BMD,Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), PATRIOT Advanced Capability (PAC-3),Space Tracking and Surveillance System (STSS), Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS), AN/TPY-2, Upgraded Early Warning Radar (UEWR), and various other sensors and communications) with the Command, Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC) systems or elements within the past five years; and
• Must demonstrates one-year of operational or technical experience in missile defense systems in at least one of the following areas; radar technology, missile booster dynamics, kill vehicle functions, command and control of missile defense systems, missile defense system interoperability, spaced based sensor platforms, missile defense system analysis, or missile defense system operational assessment.
• Demonstration of holding a current TS/SCI clearance.
Beshenich Muir and Associates, LLC (BMA) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business concern that attracts the most highly motivated and qualified professionals in the Professional Services and Technology industry. We appreciate the importance of high caliber professionals and offer an attractive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, life and Disability Insurance; 401K, and holidays to ensure the highest quality of life for our employees. A Career with Team BMA offers excellent opportunities for growth with one of America’s finest young SDVO small business organizations.
The Inc.500 2013 recognized BMA as the Fastest Growing Private Business in Kansas