Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35486
Here’s your opportunity to “Work on the Bright Side®”! If you’re a hands-on problem solver, we’re looking for you! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking an organized, detail-oriented Maintenance Supervisor to help keep our hotel operations running smoothly and ensure our guests have a great stay. The ideal candidate will have experience maintaining property equipment and supply inventory while performing routine maintenance throughout the hotel. These tasks will include but are not limited to: painting, carpet/floor cleaning, caulking, etc. This position is responsible for supervising the activities of the hotel maintenance department while assisting with the repair and maintenance of the hotel.
Other key duties include:
• Ensure the interior and exterior of the hotel is well maintained
• Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, room furniture, fixtures and other items in the hotel
• Supervise the preventative maintenance program
• Report major repair needs to the General Manager
• Assist in setup/cleanup of meeting rooms
• Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed
Keywords: handyman, handy man, hotel maintenance, apartment maintenance, building maintenance, facilities maintenance, property maintenance, maintenance technical
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• At least 1 year of related general repair required; previous supervisory experience also preferred
• Must be flexible in hours and days worked
• Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and up to 140 pounds with assistance
• Must be able to walk, stand, climb, kneel, reach, crawl, push, pull and twist the majority of the day
• Must display very good organization and time management skills
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
• Obtain any locally required certification as needed
LQ Management L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions, and breastfeeding), marital status, registered domestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, uniformed services status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition ID: 160200564