Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35486
Here’s your opportunity to “Work on the Bright Side®”! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is now seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor to provide overall support to the operations of the housekeeping department. If you love supervising and motivating a team, have great time-management skills and a passion for cleanliness, this is the job for you!
Other key duties include:
• Provide leadership and direction for all housekeeping and laundry activities for the hotel to ensure the highest level of cleanliness for both the guest rooms and public areas
• Inspect guest rooms, public areas, & heart of the house for cleanliness
• Train, motivate, coach, counsel, & discipline staff members
• Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program
• Prepare weekly schedule
• Maintain supply and linen inventories
• Update room statuses in the computer
• Ensure housekeeping requests from guests or management are responded to in a timely, efficient, & friendly manner
Keywords: maid, janitorial, house cleaning, commercial cleaning, hospital cleaning, part time cleaning, part-time cleaning, office cleaning, full-time cleaning, full time cleaning,
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Must be able to read, write, understand and speak the English language
• Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
• General knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their safety preferred
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds
• Must be able to spend the majority of the day walking, twisting, bending, pushing and pulling
• Strong attention to detail required
• Must be able to work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects
• Must be flexible in hours and days worked
• Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
• Obtain any locally required certifications as needed.
LQ Management L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions, and breastfeeding), marital status, registered domestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, uniformed services status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Requisition ID: 160150564