Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Homewood, AL 35219
Here’s your opportunity to “Work on the Bright Side®”! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is now searching for a Maintenance team member. This position offers growth and career advancement. Job responsibilities include: repairing and maintaining the interior and exterior of the hotel while following Company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
Other key duties include:
• Perform routine maintenance such as painting, carpet/floor cleaning, caulking, etc.
• Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, room furniture, fixtures and other items in the hotel
• Perform duties of the company’s preventative maintenance program
• Report major repair needs to the General Manager
• Assist in setup/cleanup of meeting rooms
• Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed
Keywords: handyman, handy man, hotel maintenance, apartment maintenance, building maintenance, facilities maintenance, property maintenance, maintenance technical
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• At least 1 year of related general repair experience preferred
• Must be flexible in hours and days worked
• Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and up to 140 pounds with assistance
• Must be able to walk, stand, climb, kneel, reach, crawl, push, pull and twist the majority of the day
• Must display very good organization and time management skills
• Obtain any locally required certification as needed
Requisition ID: 160770949