Housekeeping - Clean Team
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
DOTHAN, AL 36302
Housekeeping – Clean Team
AL – DOTHAN – 1233
The Housekeeper is required to clean the rooms and grounds of the property as assigned by the Head Housekeeper or other members of Management. The Housekeeper position is a member of the Clean Team.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. The following requirements may change depending on the individual property and may change over time.
• People Excellence: Exhibit a Heart for Service for Guests and Team Members with a dedication to great customer service and teamwork
• Product Excellence: Maintain the cleanliness of the rooms and the property as outlined in the Clean Team Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)which includes following the 6 Steps to a Clean Room
• Transport all supplies required to accomplish tasks utilizing standard housekeeping supply cart
• Collect trash and empty trashcans in room
• Remove soiled towels and linen
• Clean all hard surfaces including windows and mirrors, shower stalls, sinks, counter tops, bathtubs, toilets, bathroom floors and fixtures
• Dust furniture, window sills and fixtures
• Make guest beds which includes, pulling beds out, cleaning floors under beds and changing linens
• Replace soiled towels with clean towels
• Sweep and mop or vacuum floors
• Restock items in room
• Pick up trash around property, empty exterior trash cans, and clean building exterior
• Keep vending, team center, guest laundry, and any other areas clean
• Read and complete HousekeeperAssignment Sheets
• Inspect and report any pest activity
• Read and complete Maintenance Request Forms, and report maintenance issues
• Guest Excellence: Ensure rooms are clean and properly stocked with supplies for a positive guest experience
• Partner Excellence: Support Clean Team; may perform duties from all other Clean Team positions as needed or assigned in order to maintain proper operations of the property
• Other duties: Participate in all training and safety meetings.
• Miscellaneous other tasks as required and assigned by Supervisor or any other member of Management which may include cross functional job duties
• All Team Members are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Basic reading and writing skills
• Basic communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow written and verbal work instructions
• Working safely is a condition of employment. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
• New hires must meet all Motel 6 / Studio 6’s employment qualifications in place at the time of hiring
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions and the general duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The physical demand level for this position is Medium.
The following requirements may change depending on the individual property according to the confines of the workspace available for any required task and may change over time:
Constant Activity (2 / 3rds or more of work time)
• Move about to change linens, sweep, mop, vacuum, etc… at a moderate pace
• Reach to change bed linens, place towels, wash mirrors, and tub or shower at a moderate pace
• Stand to wash mirrors and surfaces
• Walk and move at a moderate pace
• Lift brooms, mops, spray bottles, and trash cans up to 10 lbs.
• Lift and carry trash bags, linen, and vacuum cleaners up to 10 lbs. at a moderate pace
Frequent Activity (1 / 3rd to 2 / 3rd of work time)
• Stand to record room information, pull supplies from cart, wash mirrors and surfaces
• Bend and stoop at waist to change linens, clean bathtub / shower, clean toilet, empty trash, pick up items on the floor at a moderate pace
• Push and pull beds up to 50 pounds at a moderate pace
• Simple grasping
• Firm power grasping
• Push and pull vacuum cleaner weighing up to 10 lbs. at a moderate pace
• Push and pull a full housekeeping cart with 18 pounds of force at a moderate pace
Occasional Activity (Up to 1 / 3rd of work time)
• Bend and twist neck and head
• Kneel or crouch to change linen, clean bathroom at a moderate pace
• Climbs stairs
• Balance to climb stairs
• Lift and carry bags of trash between 11 lbs. and 30 lbs.
Additional Essential Functions
• Use of Senses: Ability to communicate , smell, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision
• Cognitive Factors: Reading and writing comprehension
• Environmental Factors: Working around equipment and mechanical moving parts, walking on uneven ground, exposure to weather and extreme temperatures, exposure to cleaning products/chemicals