Software IV&V Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Software IV&V Engineer
Participate as a team member of Software Airworthiness and Safety team for a critical Army PEO Aviation program. As a member of the team work alongside other contractors performing software airworthiness and safety analysis of requirements, design, code, and testing. Principal duties and responsibilities include:
+ Provide weekly and periodic status reports and technical reports as requested.
+ Preview software requirements, design, and verification tests and analyses, documentation and or models for compliance with software airworthiness and safety qualification standards and requirements
+ Review software source code, code generation processes and models, and build procedures, etc for compliance with software airworthiness and safety qualification standards and requirements
+ Participate in IPTs, software design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews, test report reviews, and problem report reviews, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, software development, systems engineering or other scientific field with relevant work experience related to the safe design and operation of software intensive systems.* Minimum of five to eight years software development or V&V analysis experience.
- Ability to express engineering findings orally and in written technical reports.
- Experience with software development/life cycle IEEE 1207, MIL-STD-498, etc.
- Familiarity with one or more software languages: C, C++, C#, Ada.
- Active Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Software development or V&V analysis experience with a critical system similar to a safety critical aviation system.
- Familiarity with civil and military airworthiness qualification and Software Safety requirements such as: DO-178B, DO-278, and DO-254.
- Experience with embedded software development to industry best practices.
- Experience with software development processes for Flight-Critical and Safety-Critical Software; Rhapsody, DOORS, SCADE, etc.
- Experience with software development and evaluation tools such as: McCabe, LDRA, Coverity, Klocwork, Polyspace, Understand, etc.
- Familiarity with systems engineering development processes.
- Familiarity with system Safety and Software Safety requirements IAW MIL-STD-882, JSSSEH, AMCOM REG 385-17, SAE ARP 4754, SAE ARP 4761, IEC 61508, ISO 26262.
- Familiarity with Open Group (OMG) Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) standard.
- Familiarity with System Theoretical Process Analysis/System Theoretical Analysis Management Process (STPA/STAMP).
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Huntsville, Alabama, United States