STEM Outreach Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
BMA is currently seeking an STEM Outreach Analyst to support our Huntsville, AL location.
Candidate will develop and support K-12 and collegiate STEM activities aligned with the Missile Defense Agency mission and strategic human capital plan; develop public website and portal content; develop or support external STEM activities with universities, junior colleges, civic and nonprofit organizations, and technical professional societies. The STEM Outreach Analyst will collaborate with internal Agency units, such as Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management, Public Affairs (events and publicity), and Chief of Staff; Support University Research contracts and relations and Represent the Agency, where appropriate, at external events. This position will require occasional travel, and evening and weekend work hours.
• Minimum of 8+ years of related experience in an informal (or formal) educational environment
• Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Must be a dependable self-starter and have good communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• This position will also require physical labor, including heavy lifting (approximately 40 lbs.)
• Candidate must have an active DoD Secret Security clearance and the ability to maintain it
A completed Bachelor’s (or Master’s) Degree in Mathematics, Secondary Education or other related field, from a regionally accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Project, Access and SharePoint is desired
• Previous experience with teaching, training, and program/curriculum development or management is preferred
• A current (or previously held) teaching certification is preferred
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
• BMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the phone number (256-429-3420) to contact us about your employment interest.