Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
• BMA is seeking a Senior Instructional Designer/Developer to support our Huntsville, AL location. Candidate will work with subject matter experts (SMEs) as well as independently to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate instructional systems, performance systems, and training-related programs. Develop online courseware using Adobe eLearning Suite and other multimedia development software and implement training in the Agency’s learning management system. Review products for consistency and accuracy in writing, formatting, and technical standards. Provide guidance and mentor instructional systems designers (ISDs) on e-learning best practices and Agency standards. Evaluate program outcomes and recommend changes in training materials to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and/or satisfaction. Maintain training standards, procedures, and course templates. Maintain detailed records and prepare reports and other supporting documents on all aspects of design and evaluation. Manage multiple projects at various stages of completion with minimal supervision. Communicate in a timely manner with the technical lead and/or project manager on all appropriate issues. Support other training and learning management tasks as required.
• 7+ years of related experience in a training/educational organization. Familiarity with automated training development systems (Training Development Capability, Standard Army Training System) a discriminator. Knowledge of the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate) methodology a discriminator. Knowledge of the Adult Learning Model and Kirkpatrick processes for instructional development a discriminator.
• Proven experience applying instructional systems design models, principles, and industry standards to develop instructional, training, and/or curriculum programs delivered online and in classroom settings.
• Candidate will design, develop and deliver training and instruction in support of MDA HR missions and activities aligned with the Missile Defense Agency mission and strategic human capital plan; develop training and instructional content; develop or support external activities and organizations as required. The Instructional Designer will collaborate with internal Agency units, such as Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management, as required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Must be a dependable self-starter and team player.
• Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum & Instruction, or other related field, from a regionally accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Master’s degree desired.
• Desired Skills:
• Experience designing technical products to meet Section 508 requirements and accessibility standards.
• Ability to design, develop, and implement web-based SCORM conformant content.
• Previous administrative experience with learning management systems (e.g., Blackboard, Canvas, AtlasPro).
• Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication (written and oral) skills.
• Hold an active DoD Secret Security clearance and have the ability to maintain it.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
• BMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the phone number (256-429-3420) to contact us about your employment interest.