Principal Account Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a*Principal Account Manager*to join our team in*Huntsville, AL.*Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Government Systems International & Service Solutions Sales and Business Development team has the mandate to grow Rockwell Collins Government Systems Services business throughout the world by promoting and selling service and aftermarket support solutions for the extensive portfolio of Government Systems products. As a member of the team based in the US, you will directly contribute to this expansion by working directly with US DoD customers. You will have the responsibility to grow the services business by successfully prospecting new business, developing and executing pursuit strategies, and closing deals.
- As the direct interface to the customer, you will be expected to identify the customers’ needs and develop new-client relationships.
- Prepare pursuit and capture strategies and present to leadership as a key component of the business decision point process.
- Provide accurate and timely orders forecasting.
- Provide ROM and or/FFP proposals to the Customer.
- Achieve an orders capture goal with the timing necessary to achieve current year sales and build future backlog
- Support the business units’ organizations with accurate market, customer and competitive intelligence information.
- Coordinate with other business units as necessary to maximize sales opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Network with key contacts within Rockwell Collins and outside own area of expertise, to ensure successful capture of new business.
- Participate in key regional tradeshows and promote RC brand and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or, in the absence of a degree, six years of related experience
- Prior business development experience in sales, account management or marketing within the
- DoD market and Defense industry
- Proven track record of establishing and growing customer accounts (orders / sales growth)
- Willingness and ability to travel in excess of 50%
Desired attributes include:
- An advanced degree in a related field
- Experience in aftermarket sales and support and/or Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
- Experience dealing with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and US Army
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or*5 percent if you save 8 percent*)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Organization: Government Services BD
Title: Principal Account Manager
Requisition ID: SAL00000036