Maintenance Technician I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Durham School Services has almost a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to student across the US. Durham is also part of a much larger family along with Petermann, Stock Transportation, Septran, The Provider, TransExpress, Safeway and Smith Bus, who come together as National Express LLC (NELLC) . NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking a*Maintenance Technician I (Diesel Mechanic)* for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in*Huntsville, AL*.
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
- Minimum of five years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
- Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
- Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Diesel Technician
- Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
- ASE Certification desirable but not required
Job: Maintenance Field US Bus
Organization: United States Bus
Title: Maintenance Technician I
Requisition ID: 171412