Manufacturing Analyst 3
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Madison, AL 35758
Manufacturing Analyst 3
Requisition ID: 17006241
Location\(s\): United States\-Alabama\-Madison
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
The Huntsville/Madison Production and assembly facility in Madison, AL is seeking a Manufacturing Analyst level 3 to join our team of providing world class material resource production and planning support to our many Northrop Grumman programs and U\.S\. Government customers\. Our products and services include delivering integrated end items against approved design, independent resource requirements for DOD worldwide usage, provisioning of spare resources, repair parts and component system rework/upgrades for multiple DOD products and programs such as CRAM, IBCS and AMDPCS in support of multiple Defense branches\.
This Position supports production, business, and other processes in a team\-based manufacturing environment\. Performs activities in a variety of cross\-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process reengineering\. The incumbent may facilitate self\-directed work teams, provide training in core skill areas to teams and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement\. Incumbents are generally experienced in one or more areas of manufacturing operations\. This positon further provides analysis of enterprise resource planning, manufacturing, material, labor and spatial resource requirements based on needs of production assembly demands and timed sequence of DoD customer product delivery requirements\. Duties may also include Planning, preparing, issuing and maintaining production schedules and coordinate material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials are timed to meet production requirements\. Confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements\. Advises management the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that equipment, materials and services are provided as needed\. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, etc\.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders\. Perform analysis and tasks in support of the overall manufacturing operation, along with direct Prod Planning and Scheduling activities to support various programs as required\. Leading or supporting process improvements, developing and maintaining metrics, organizing document repositories, and manufacturing resource issues\. This position will report to the Material Resource Planning \(MRP\) manager and provide direct report to the Production Operations Manager’s evaluation of key performance indicators, and coordinate cross\-functional work teams to increase organizational effectiveness\. This position will be required to support manufacturing related proposal activities associated with various DoD contractual efforts\.
• Use MRP and shop floor analysis tools to perform material resource planning and production scheduling based on demand generated resource requirements current stock, production need dates, vendor lead and material processing time to insure timely material or service availability to support production operations\.
• Facilitate change effectivity notice \(CEN\) from Design/Manufacture Engineering to responsible Global Supply Chain procurement analysts to address suppliers or program RCI \(Request for change or information\)\.
• Preform receipt against purchase order issue analysis and coordinate resolution activities with GSC, Material management, quality, program, accounts payable and the provisioning vendor when applicable\.
• Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules\.
• Assists in determining possible and actual shortages may initiate action to correct these deficiencies\.
• Uses knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert proper authorities regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action
• Ensure major Projects and Programs Integrated Master Schedules \(IMS\) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including budget, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality
• Bachelor’s degree with 6 years’ experience; 4 years with Masters Degree
• Complete understanding of manufacturing and Material Resource Planning \(MRP\) work flows
• 6 years of MRP planning or production control experience
• Have 6 or more years of experience using MS Office, especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word\.
• Have 6 or more years of hands\-on experience in Program Planning / Scheduling utilizing MRP/ERP systems, Microsoft Project, Microsoft excel, Oracle or other analysis and scheduling software
• Ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
• Bachelor’s degree with 6\-10 years’ experience;
• Degreed in Business Administration, Operations Management or Supply Chain Management
• Skilled in general manufacturing and material resource planning work flows
• Have 6 or more years of advanced skills in MS Office, especially with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word\.
• Working knowledge of SAP MRP and ERP business solutions\.
• 3 years of SAP MRP planning systems
• Advanced use of Microsoft Excel complex workbooks, formulas to accommodate total resource measurement and reporting\.
• Experience in applying integrated cost/schedule and critical path methodologies within an Earned Value \(EVMS\) and or Integrated Master Schedule \(IMS\) environments\.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce\. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class\. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www\.northropgrumman\.com/EEO \. U\.S\. Citizenship is required for most positions\.
Title: Manufacturing Analyst 3
Requisition ID: 17006241