Avionics Test Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
HUNTSVILLE, AL 35808
Avionics Test Engineer
The Engineering & ScienceServices and Skills Augmentation \(ESSSA\) contract provides engineering,scientific and engineering technician support to NASA Marshall Space FlightCenter \(MSFC\) in Huntsville, AL\. Come join the team whose work isdestined to have a long\-range effect on future generations\!
To learn more about:
The ESSSA Group, visit http://YesWeAreRocketScientists\.com
The Huntsville area, visit http://www\.huntsville\.org/
This position is expected to continue for approximately 5 months\.
The Employee shall provide servicesand support for the Flight Systems Integration & Test Branch/ES61 which isresponsible for maintenance, fabrication, integration, operation, assembly, andtesting of project hardware and software\. The employee shall provide test support to the Flight SystemsIntegration & Test Branch for programs and projects\. This support will beconducted within an existing operational Government owned and managed facilityhoused at MSFC\. All task support shallcomply with the Flight Systems Integration & Test Branch OrganizationalWork Instructions \(OWIs\) and safety procedures\. Personnel will be required tobe active participants in MSFC’s safety program and International StandardsOrganization \(ISO\)\. Work processes are governed by Flight Systems Integration& Test Branch OWIs\. Certain positions will require personnel certificationin operations including Program Critical Hardware/Manual Move and ElectrostaticDischarge Control\. Personnel will be required to stay up\-to\-date on allrequired training, abide by branch Job Hazard Analyses \(JHAs\) and attend branchsafety meetings\.
Perform the activities listed below for this task:
99. Review program/project documents and provide relevant comments from a test perspective\.
99. Develop and perform test procedures, including pre\-test setups such as instrumentation, data acquisition, software loading/configuration and post\-test activities such as data archiving and data analysis\.
99. Produce, archive and distribute test data as appropriate to support verification closure
99. Evaluate test data to correlate with test findings and investigate potential anomalies
99. Test/Checkout of avionics units including sending discretes to appropriate locations
99. Verify wiring continuity and resistance levels of battery circuits
99. Take Thermistor measurements
99. Participate in and conduct meetings in support of the above activities
Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of aPh\.D\. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 6 yearsexperience, or a BS with at least 10 years experience\. Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited institution\.Provide 10 plus years recent experience with testing/testmethodology and performing verification and validation activities at a systemlevel of Flight Hardware\.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills:
99. Extensive knowledge of MSFC Quality System with respect to Integrationand Test of mechanical and electrical systems to include: cable routing, manualmoves, cable connection, cable installation, grounding and bonding check out\.
99. Familiar with MSFC processes and possess a proven backgroundin solving complex problems and communication with Project Office Management,Chief Engineer’s office and Line Management\.
99. Flight Hardware experience to include integration and testof mechanical and electrical components, subsystems, and systems\.
99. Strong willingness to perform hands on activities andcommunicate with other engineering disciplines: Logistics, Design, Thermal,Electrical, Cable Integration and routing, Test and Integration Leads\.
99. Demonstrate a proactive ability to move between self\-derived tasks withlittle to no oversight from the customer\.
99. Expertise in the development of written procedural andprocess documentation with respect to integration and test\.
99. The individualshould be able to advise and assist with assembly, disassembly and installationprocedures\.
99. Possess a basic understanding of electrical systemsprinciples with skills to include Digital Multi Meter \(DMM\) operations toperform grounding, bonding and continuity checks\.
99. Experience working with ESDsensitive hardware\.
99. Possess and demonstrate a proactive ability to move betweenself\-derived tasks with little to no oversight from the customer\.
99. Possessunderstanding of command and data handling functionality\.
99. Capable ofassimilating test requirements in order to develop test methodology and testapproach to address requirement verification, including definition of needed testresources\.
99. Possess anunderstanding of MIL\-STD\-1553B, RS422 bus protocols and formats\. Capable ofde\-commutating data per definitions such as an Instrumentation Program &Command List \(IP&CL\)\.
99. Capable ofdeveloping and using data reduction and manipulation tools\.
Office environment\. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing \(100%\)\. Requires ability to interact professionally with co\-workers, management, and client \(100%\)\. Requires travel in the domestic USA \(<15%\)\.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues \(10%\)\. Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks \(80%\)\. Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities \(10%\)\.
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment \(100%\)\.
Normal workday is from 7:30 a\.m\. through 4:30 p\.m\., Monday thru Friday\. Minimal overtime may be required \(10%\) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job\. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required\.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential \(100%\)\. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others\.
Proof of U\.S\. Citizenship is required\.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities\. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law\. To view the DOL’s Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here \.
Primary Location United States\-Alabama\-Huntsville
Req ID: AS000154