Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35810
About the Organization
Headquartered in Solon, Ohio, HDT Global is widely recognized as the world leader in the design and manufacture of many products in use by U.S. and allied military units, civilian governments, and commercial customers today. Whether it’s in the field of aerospace (space and recovery), robotics, parachutes, aerial delivery, CBRN protection, environmental control, or expeditionary shelter and power technologies, HDT Global has the expertise and capabilities to provide application-specific solutions to address the needs of modern missions.
HDT (Huntsville, AL)
The Mechanical Engineer position is responsible for new product development and existing product improvement for use in industrial and/or military applications. The Mechanical Engineer may work independently and/or as part of a design team and/or as a design team lead. The Mechanical Engineer will apply engineering tools and techniques such as 3-D CAD to design, develop, prototype, and test products. The Mechanical Engineer will have responsibilities for the creation and maintenance of product bills of material, models, drawings and documentation. The Mechanical Engineer may provide leadership during the prototyping and pre-production builds of newly designed products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides substantial contributions to the engineering focus of the Product Design and Development group
- Responsible for assuring that assigned Engineering outputs meet the input requirements of the customer
- Executes to design guidelines and operating procedures for engineering products and services to ensure compliance with Quality Management System. Contributes to the procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Responsible for development and maintenance of bills of materials (BOMs)
- Recommends methods, material, and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities
- Provides engineering expertise in the areas of components, technologies, specifications, raw materials, and vendor products throughout the organization
- Develops and reviews Engineering and Manufacturing drawings. May initiate, review, and approve Engineering Change Orders
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 2-8 years of overall engineering experience, with 3+ years of project or program management experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or sexual orientation.