Project Manager III- PdM FPS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
BENEFITS: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Patricio Enterprises (PE) is seeking an experienced Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) Project Manager to lead an effort in support of Project Manager Terrestrial Sensors (PM TS) Product Manager Force Protection Systems (PdM FPS). The Project Manager will function as PE’s onsite management representation and is the designated liaison with the overall Program Manager. The Project Manager must have ten years of experience leading program support activities on large scale system development projects (Federal/DoD preferred) including planning, scheduling, pricing, reporting, and deliverable management. Qualified candidates must posses project management certification (e.g., PMP).
The primary mission of PdM FPS is research, development, acquisition, and the commercial product evaluation of Force Protection/Physical Security Equipment (FP/PSE). In addition, PdM FPS is responsible for centralized management of PF/PSE for US Army users, joint service applications, and actions required to type classify such equipment developed by other services or Federal agencies for which a stated U.S. Army requirement exists; and assistance to other Services and Federal Agencies in the development and acquisition of FP/PSE systems. This includes support to the DoD Physical Security Equipment Action Group and its associated working groups such as the Inter-agency Technical Support Working Group.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, organizes and directs all project level activities by providing technical direction.
- Responsible for assigning resources, assessing risk management, quality management, and monitoring overall project performance.
- Responsible for scheduling, staffing and assigning duties in a supervisory capacity to meet contractual objectives.
- Accomplishes project goals and objectives abiding by contract terms and conditions.
- Effectively ensures project schedule, performance and cost deliverables are met.
- Provides written or oral status reports to senior staff PM and government personnel if required.
- Oversees quality assurance of project.
- Proactively seeks resolutions to issues.
- Maintains regular work attendance.
- Obtains and maintains any security clearances, status or licenses required by client to perform work.
- Supervises subordinate staff and ensures compliance with all company policies and contract requirements.
- Maintains efficient development and execution of contract.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Expertise in DoD Acquisition and Life-Cycle Management policies and procedures including DoD 5000 series and service-specific guidance.
- Expertise in the principles and practices of program management.
- Proficiency in the substantive nature of programs and the analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution.
- Expert ability to research, analyze, and evaluated information.
- Expert ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Expertise in leading and managing other employees.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Up to 25% travel may be expected in this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Project Management Certification, e.g. PMP preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing large scale projects
Preferred Education and Experience
- DAU Program Management Level III
- Experience working with the DoD
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: 5698
POSITION: Project Manager III
LOCATION: Huntsville, AL
STATUS: Full time – Contingent Hire
TRAVEL: Up to 25%
CLEARANCE: Active Secret Clearance required
Job Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular