Lead Budget Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Position: Lead Budget Analyst
Location: Hunstville, AL
Status: Full time – Contingent Hire
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance required
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/ Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Job Summary: *Patricio Enterprises (PE) is seeking an experienced Budget Analyst to support the Project Manager Terrestrial Sensors (PM TS) Product Manager (PdM) Electro-Optic / Infrared (EO/IR) Payloads and PdM Force Protection System (FPS). PdM EO/IR and PdM FPS develop, field, and sustain persistent surveillance systems that enhance intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, target acquisition, force protection, and physical security capabilities, enabling rapid situational understanding and integrated operations for United States (US) Warfighters in the US Central Command (CENTCOM), Pacific Command (PACOM), Africa Command (AFRICOM), European Command (EUCOM) Areas of Responsibility (AORs) and other locations as required.
Job Description: *The Lead Budget Analyst will analyze engineering, logistics, budget, and operations information and data in relation to program objectives, budgetary constraints, schedules and technical requirements to present project status, program accomplishments, long-term plans, and recommendations for the Program Offices’ systems to meet life cycle performance requirements. The Lead Budget Analyst will also provide inputs and recommendations in the development of spend plans and provide data analysis and spreadsheets to assist in the management of the program and assist the Government in conducting integrated baseline reviews, compliance integrated baseline reviews, compliance reviews and cost/schedule status report reviews as needed in support of the Program Offices’ programs. The Senior Budget Analyst must have five years of budget planning, execution, and reconciliation experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs and makes recommendations for budget allocations to ensure conformance to budgetary limits.
- Plans and carries out budget procedures including monthly monitoring of department expenditures and revenues and communicating monitoring status to management;
- Prepares department budgets and budget materials.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on budget proposals.
- Develops forecast estimates for expenditures and revenues, reviewing department performance measures.
- Develops and maintains budget monitoring models and coordinates production of the formal monitoring report.
- Works directly with other Senior Budget Analysts on projects that require data compilation; analyzes and interprets information in oral and written presentations.
- May review junior analysts work for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Reviews operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs. Makes recommendations as needed.
- Obtains and maintains any security clearances, statuses or licenses required by client to perform work.
- Maintains regular onsite schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of business organization and management.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluated proposed programs and expenditures.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, interpret financial records, detect errors, and prepare financial reports.
- Experience with databases and spreadsheet programs; experience in use of financial or accounting information systems.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree
- A minimum of 7 years of general experience
- 5 years of experience in budget planning, execution, and reconciliation.
EOE. Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.* *Patricio Enterprises Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: 5716
Job Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular