Vulcan Manufacturing Engineer - Structures, Composites and M
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives
· Interference with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members
· Work with a launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
· Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer. Reviews completed team products for completeness and acceptance.
· Compile and present weekly status charts of team to AF leadership.
· Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Enginereing Review Bourds and design reviews
· Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
· Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
· Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
· Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
· Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
· Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
· Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
· Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and ten to fifteen years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation’s defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech’s Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer – minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech’s utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.