Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Accountant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Albertville, AL 35950
Auto req ID: 2061BR
Posting Title: Sarbanes Oxley Compliance Accountant
Job Category: Compliance
Company DescriptionProgress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers\. Our customers enjoy one\-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle\-to\-grave railway solutions \- whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself\. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs\.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future\. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success\. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala\., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world\.
For more information, visit www\.progressrail\.com and follow @Progress\_Rail on Twitter and YouTube\.
Job Purpose• Manage and organize SOX internal controls testing program, including requesting populations and samples;
• Test and validate business processes and procedures;
• Assist Compliance Manager in ensuring a robust financial and operational control environment exists for Rail Division locations globally;
• Identify and clearly define management testing issues and root causes; recommend improvements to internal controls and business processes;
• Maintain productive working relationship and serve as a liaison for members at all levels throughout the Rail Division, Caterpillar and 3rd party business partners;
• Track, monitor and report metrics related to required Compliance processes;
• Manage group email account for Compliance Department and ensure that questions are appropriately routed and that a timely response is given;
• Ensure adherence to Rail Division policies and lead/participate in projects supporting organizational initiates, operation efficiency, remediation planning and risk mitigation;
• Assist with reviews/certifications for entities, business units or cycles outside the top tier governance scope;
• Perform other duties assigned by Compliance Manager including various administrative functions;
• Job requires 10\-15% domestic/international travel\.
Education / Training• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field\.
Qualifications and Experience• Strong understanding of SOX, GAAP and regulatory compliance;
• Experience in global operations, manufacturing and compliance preferred \(1\-3 years\);
• Experience managing large volumes of data or large projects;
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office \(Excel, Word, Powerpoint\);
• Knowledge of SAP, BAAN, LN or other major ERP system;
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of a multi\-cultural business;
• Ability to multi\-task, work independently and effectively in varying environments;
• Strong organizational and analytical skills\.
BenefitsProgress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package\* including competitive salary, 401\(k\) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays\. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions\.
\*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status \- governing plan documents control such benefits\.\.
EEOEqual Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities