Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Boaz, AL 35957
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Type: Full Time
Function: Mfg / Ind Engineering
Top Level Division: Federal-Mogul Motorparts
Division: Motorparts – Chassis & Service
Location: Boaz, AL, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products. Functions performed may include determining the machines, equipment, tools, and the sequence of operations necessary to perform production and assembly operations; recommending the design of production machines and other plant equipment; and advising and assisting vendors with design problems in connection with tools, gauges and equipment designed for use in manufacturing.
1. Identify and develop methods to improve the manufacturing processes to achieve increased productivity, minimal tool cost, increased flexibility and reduction in setup time and product scrap.
2. Participate and or lead APQP activities including the creation, updating and maintaining of PFMEA’s.
3. Identify, evaluate and recommend the capital equipment, tooling and fixtures required to improve the
manufacturing process by identifying major areas of savings and write the necessary justification for approval of funds to implement the project.
4. Provide technical advice and expertise to solve manufacturing equipment and tooling problems in a
timely manner to achieve plant production plans on time and within budget and insure continuity of production; assist in training of new operators during start-up of new equipment and processes.
5. Provide costs estimates, design and purchase of equipment, tooling and, where applicable, provide the
design work necessary to incorporate the product into existing equipment to support new product introductions, engineering change notices and cost reduction ideas in an accurate and timely manner..
6. Monitor and recommend the purchase of optimum cost perishable tooling to maintain minimum tooling
7. Contribute to the division cost reduction program to assist plant management in achieving yearly goals.
8. Provide equipment and processes that are designed to maintain a safe and clean work area to improve safety and contribute to good employee morale.
9. Support the overall facility through managing and implementing facility related improvement projects.
10. Provide outside vendors with detailed technical specifications, in writing, to allow competitive purchase of tools and equipment.
11. Conduct equipment specification evaluations at the vendor’s plant prior to shipment of new equipment to verify that the equipment will conform to specified performance characteristics.
12. Perform other duties as required to support team success.
- B.S. degree in a Engineering or technical related field.
- Three years’ experience in machining, tooling, automation, or metal cutting industry.
- Experience with lean management techniques preferred.
- Ability to train and direct the work activities of entry level engineers, floor supervisors and operations.
- Interest in the automotive industry
- Communicate effectively to convey key concepts/strategies across organization groups and to executive management, sales leaders and key customers.
- Create and use of spreadsheets, databases and presentations to interpret, report and communicate information.
- Understand and capably analyze and interpret the fundamental commercial, supply chain and financial performance and manufacturing process of respective products.
- Fluently speak, read and write in English.
- Commit, when required, to foreign and domestic travel up to 20% of working time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled