GN&C Sensor System Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
GN&C Sensor System Engineer
Geocent’s Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company’s culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
- Candidate must have ability to perform linear control analysis and integration with non-real time simulations.
- Candidate will support the integration of GN&C design products and software verification for an experimental vehicle.
- This will also involve participation in cross-segment integration tests and analysis.
- Performs and documents design and analysis of IMU/Sensor Systems
- Self-motivated problem-solver, capable of taking initiative with minimal instruction. Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and techniques to develop guidance, navigation and control sensor systems for spacecraft.
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements.
- Performs and documents design and analysis of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) models and tools.
- Supports development of solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction. Participates in new business development efforts.
- Works under general supervision.
- Able to problem solve in a clear and concise manner and have strong communication skills.
- Consistently and proactively works well with team members to solve complex problems and can also lead in a team environment.
This position requires and active SSBI US Security Clearance. (A US Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:Bachelor’s and 9 or more years’ experience, Master’s with 7 or more years’ experience or PhD with 4 or more years’ experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Knowledge or experience in IMU/sensor systems design.
- Ability to perform trade studies related to attitude control and trajectory analysis.
- Must have experience with MATLAB.
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
.#cjpost .#geospacedefense .#externalreferral .#3
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin