Dining Room Server
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Dining Room Server
Huntsville, AL Embassy Suites
800 Monroe St.
Hotel – Food Preparation and Serving
Previous Experience Preferred
Regular Full Time
With 35 owned properties, comprised of more than 8,400 guest rooms and 1.7 million square feet of banquet space, our properties and brands represent some of the finest facilities in the industry and a competitive edge for John Q. Hammons Hotels and Resorts!
Mr. Hammons built properties that provide an exceptional guest experience. Our vision is to ensure we live up to Mr. Hammons standards of excellence by providing exceptional award winning facilities for each guest!
To serve meals to patrons according to established rules of etiquette.
- Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Serves ice water and/or coffee upon greeting the table.
- Presents menu to diner, suggesting dinner courses, appropriate wines, and answering questions regarding food preparation.
- Writes order on check or memorizes it.
- Relays order to kitchen or bar and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Serves patrons from dish at table on occasion.
- Observes diners to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when meal has been completed.
- Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to cashier.
- Replenishes supplies and prepares for the next meal.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
- Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
- Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money, and merchandise.
- Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Hospitality experience preferred, prior F&B experience preferred
Benefits and EEO
Full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life with employee paid supplemental options
- Matching 401-k with immediate vesting for eligible participating associates
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
John Q Hammons Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law
Note: To be considered for this position, candidates MUST apply at www.jqhhotels.com/careers.
John Q Hammons Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans