Direct Care Professional - Home Health Aide (Careg
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Title: Direct Care Professional – Home Health Aide (Caregiver) – Huntsville Area
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Direct Care Professional – Home Health Aide (Caregiver) – Huntsville Area. In this position, you will play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
About This Career Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Direct Care Professional – Home Health Aide (Caregiver) – Huntsville Area. In the position, you will play a vital role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their highest level of independence. Not only will you see positive results of your work every day, but you will have an opportunity for professional development and advancement to positions of greater responsibility. Many leaders with ResCare began their careers as Direct Support Professionals.
Direct Support ProfessionalResponsibilities
- Performing personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, and ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks. Fostering positive relationships between individuals served and their housemates
- Ensuring client safety and maintaining a safe environment
- Assisting with toileting, including bedpans, urinals, and commode chairs
- Reminding/assisting client with self-administration of medications (with proper training)
- Encouraging self-help activities
- Reporting changes in client’s condition or family situation to the office
- Documenting services provided
- Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning
- Planning meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up
- Accompanying client to scheduled appointments
- Transporting clients or running errands for clients
- 18 years of age or older
- High school degree/GED
- Valid driver’s license (in most cases)
- Ability to work in home-like settings
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities youmay also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, VisionBenefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing ProgramCell phone Service
Ford and Chry… For full info follow application link.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.