Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
Procurement Acquisition Analyst
The Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) mission is to develop, test, and field an integrated, layered, ballistic missile defense system (BMDS) to defend the United States, its deployed forces, allies, and friends against all ranges of enemy ballistic missiles in all phases of flight.
The MDA is in need of Procurement Analysts to assist Contracting Management.
- Analyze, evaluate, and validate the acquisition process for regulatory and statutory compliance
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls, procedures, and/or policies
- Assess operational effectiveness of training
- Identify need for improvement
- Manage risks to achieve better outcomes
- Report findings to MDA contracting management
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees and at least 24 Semester Hours in any combination of the following studies: Accounting, Business, Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, or Organization and Management.
- 15-25 years of applicable Government contracting experience
- Experience in the ability to apply procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise in the work of the team (such as systems engineering, financial management, etc.), including the ability to maintain credibility with others to technical matters
- Experience in understanding knowledge of various types of contracts, methods, and procedures to acquire sophisticated or unique research, development, test and evaluation services, weapon systems, equipment, and components, through the use of cost and fixed-price contracting, cost sharing arrangements, unsolicited proposals, multiple awards, and use of special provisions, such as those relating to proprietary rights, rights in data or similar considerations.
- Experience in Government and agency-specific guidelines and business practices, including statutes, regulations, policies and procedures, which cover different contract types
- Experience in negotiation techniques and the ability to meet and deal with representatives of the private sector and with Government experts or managers sufficient to procure extensive services and complex systems and equipment.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.C for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employer’s Job# 11765
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.