Hospice RN Manager of Clinical Practice
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
I believe that the care we give can make every moment count.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that-s how our Hospice improves quality of life in the final stages of life. By delivering palliative care by hospice professionals, our patients can spend their remaining days in comfort and peace. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation-s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
As a Hospice RN Manager of Clinical Practice, you will:
- Abide by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Coordinate and oversees all direct and indirect patient/family/caregiver services provided by staff.
- Define and communicate expectations regarding quality provision of services and productivity to interdisciplinary team to assist them in continually improving all aspects of the Company-s services.
- Ensure Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) staffing meets requirements of the Company-s ratios per census.
- Interview and hire IDG members. Oversee and approve IDG schedules.
- Complete and conduct annual performance evaluations in a timely manner and completes any corrective action plans through the HR Department.
- Assure requirements and standards are maintained by all IDG members including productivity standards.
- Oversee maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of agency activities ensuring all patient medical record documentation is present per the Company-s Policy and Procedures and in compliance with local, state and federal law.
- Responsible for management of pharmacy, DME, labor, mileage and supply costs within budget.
- Implement and ensure orientation for new personnel.
- Maintain the Company-s Quality Improvement Program in conjunction with Quality Manager.
- Ensure program is in 90% compliance to both comprehensive chart audit and annual program regulatory review.
- Ensure ADR-s are completed with 90% or greater payment rate.
- Attend A/R meetings and daily stand-up meeting.
- Participate as indicated in monthly Patient Care Department Report.
- Plan and implement in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of personnel as required.
- Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, in-services, committees and other related activities as needed.
- Participate in evening/weekend call as required, conducting on-call services in a clinically competent and responsive manner.
- Serve as Administrator On-Call as required.
- Provide professional development for staff and positively motivates the team to achieve service and performance excellence in all areas of the program.
- Act as liaison to the corporate office and attend meetings as requested.
- Complete performance evaluations on a timely basis
- Adhere to and participate in Company-s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Review and adhere to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Parti… For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Drug Free Workplace