Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Requisition ID: 17019412
Location\(s\): United States\-Alabama\-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals\. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL\.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together\.\.\. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s IBCS program\. The Integrated Air and Missile Defense \(IAMD\) Battle Command System \(IBCS\) provides C2 and Integrated Fire Control capabilities for a distributed Air and Missile Defense Enterprise\.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The IBCS Systems Engineering and Integration organization is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer capable of performing architecture and requirements development for complex, distributed Air and Missile Defense operations\.
• This position requires the ability to define and convey desired system behaviors throughout the requirements development, software development, and software testing process\.
• A strong background in the methodologies and tools used to develop complex system architecture products is required\.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
•Typical Minimum Education / Minimum of 5 years of experience with a Bachelors in Science in STEM or Technology field; 3 Years with Master’s; 0 years with Ph\.D\.
• Experience in architecture & requirements development for network\-centric, software intensive DoD systems\.
• Thorough understanding of DoDAF, UML and Object Oriented Design implementations\.
• Demonstrated ability to develop DoDAF\-compliant UML\-based UseCases, Use Case Narratives, and sequence diagrams that represent system and software behaviors necessary to achieve system capabilities\.
• Experience with architecture modeling tools \(e\.g\., Rational System Architect, Rational Software Architect, MagicDraw, Cameo Enterprise Architecture\)
• Experience with DOORS
• Ability to collaborate with Software development and test organizations to define and represent effective requirements documentation\.
• Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance
Candidates with one or more of these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience in development of U\.S\. Army Air and Missile Defense systems \(e\.g\., IBCS, PATRIOT, MEADS\)
• Detailed understanding of Track Management processes and behaviors
• Detailed understanding of Tactical Data Links \(e\.g\., Link\-16\)
• Detailed understanding of Command and Control \(C2\)functioning
• Detailed understanding of defense planning and task force laydowns
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce\. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class\. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www\.northropgrumman\.com/EEO \. U\.S\. Citizenship is required for most positions\.
Title: Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 17019412