Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Cyber Security Consulting
City:Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for all Information Systems (IS). The ISSO will work in close collaboration with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). The ISSO plays an active role in monitoring a system and its environment of operation to include developing and updating the appropriate documentation, managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the configuration management process for security-relevant changes, collaborating with other cybersecurity specialists to address concerns, questions, and changes.
- Guide efforts to gather and organize technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs, and existing security products.
- Document and maintain the customer?s information system security documentation (System Security Plan [SSP], Plan of Action and Milestones [POA&M], using customer required tools and processes Risk Management Framework (RMF) including creating security plans, risk assessments, and security test and evaluations.
- Perform risk analyses which also includes risk assessment.
- Develops and implements security standards.
- Plans, implements, upgrades, or monitors security measures.
- Prepares and conducts security and internal control reviews.
- Prepares and review incident response plans and provide reports for recorded incidents within customer specified time constraints.
- Review and assist in the development and maintenance of system security plans and contingency plans.
- Provide support for annual security control reviews.
- Review and edit security documents for consistency, accuracy and compliance with regulatory policies.
- Prepare, review, and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Provide Continuous monitoring of information systems for compliance with required security controls and policies, including self-testing and associated test documentation of the security controls.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Change Management experience; coordinating any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM prior to the change
- Ensuring all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS
- Experience in DoD projects and communications
- Experience in information systems security, preferably for a DoD customer (e.g., ISSO, ISSM, Cybersecurity Analyst)
- Reporting all security-related incidents to the ISSM
- Possess technical competence and training commensurate with the complexity of the ISs in addition to training identified in table ?Required Online Training? within one year of appointment
- Works well in a team environment and collaborate with others
- Understands and has subject matter expert experience working with RMF
- Experience with DIACAP and Risk Management Framework
- Must have and maintain Information Assurance certification appropriate to position based on DOD8570.01M: IA Technical (IAT) and IA Management (IAM) level certification; Security+CE, CASP-CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISP, etc.
- Experience working with IT in the Department of Defense
- Experience with DIACAP Certification & Accreditation (C&A) and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Documentation Preparation Experience
- Participating in or leading security assessments and audits
- Bachelor?s Degree in a related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change?supporting our clients? digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
+ Change Management
+ Communication (Oral/Written)
+ Information Assurance
+ Risk Management / Analysis
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member?s email (@cgi.com) *
**I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional info