BMDA Software IV&V Engineer (SWE II)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
BMDA Software IV&V Engineer (SWE II)
Founded in 1980, COLSA Corporation’s team of engineers, analysts and professionals across the US provide government and commercial customers with the latest and most sophisticated engineering, programmatic, and information technology services.
Centered at the core of its values, COLSA knows its people are its most valuable resource. In addition to receiving a competitive compensation package, our employees enjoy offerings such as flexible work schedules, paid time off, benefits that begin on the date of hire, recognition programs, tuition and certification assistance, and immediate vesting in our matching 401(k) plan. Our WE CARE Wellness program provides support and initiatives to empower employees and their families to live healthy, balanced lives and our Association of COLSA Employees (ACE) provides a fun way for employees and their families to come together in times of both celebration and need. We invite you to connect your talents with opportunity, and be a part of our “Family of Professionals,” in supporting cutting-edge initiatives!
Candidate will be part of an Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) team for a major missile defense program. This position will involve support of prime software products through all phases of software development life cycle, including software specifications, software design, software coding, and software testing. The selected candidate will assist in the development, update, and execution of IV&V policies and procedures used by the IV&V team. Candidate will support independent assessments through review, analysis and evaluation of system development artifacts and system/software requirements to ensure acceptability of specific product releases. The selectee will assist in the performance evaluation of developer traceability, implementation, and verification adequacy of the system and software requirements. As needed, evaluate the element and sub-element level end-to-end verifications to ensure the prime developer’s planning and compliance is sufficient and complete to meet the system level requirements. The candidate will learn to provide feedback to senior officials, both government and contractor, via written reports and briefings across multiple assessed areas. The selected candidate will also support developer meetings, integrated product teams (IPTs) and boards such as a Configuration Change Board (CCB), as well as key program milestones such as the Software Readiness Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR) and Test Readiness Review (TRR).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or other related field or equivalent experience.* Two years applicable software design engineering experience.
- Must have an active DoD Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with the IEEE 1012-1998 Standard for Software Verification and Validation.
- A strong interest with software architecture, systems engineering, software integration, and verification and validation.
- Familiarity with IV&V concepts such as evaluating PIDS, CIDS, SRS and IRS requirements against System Specification requirements to ensure testability and traceability, evaluating software requirements for completeness, correctness, consistency, accuracy, and readability and testability, and Test Verification including test witnessing, test analysis, test plan analysis, and system design analysis.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Knowledge of or experience with formal verification and tools such as The Coq Proof Assistant.
- Knowledge of or experience with a functional programming language such as Haskell.
- Domain knowledge with command and control systems including Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD), Ground-Based Midcourse Defense System (GMD) or Command Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) or any other Missile Defense related systems.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Huntsville, Alabama, United States