Aviation Safety Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Meridianville, AL 35759
The Aviation Safety Officer plans, implements, and coordinates safety and environmental programs in accordance with written regulations, procedures, and policies. These include but are not limited to control of hazardous waste, ensuring all HazMat cabinets are compliant with company and OSHA requirements, and identifying safety issues within the facility, implementing and maintaining company policies and procedures while adhering to local, state, and federal health and safety regulations.
• Identify safety and environmental hazards, risks, and promote the reduction or elimination of potentially hazardous conditions that may lead to accidents, occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and safety-related financial losses.
• Coordinate all safety-related activities within the requirements of the safety program with respect to mission requirements and the U.S. Government directives to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Report and investigate aircraft, ground safety, and environmental accidents to determine the cause of the accident and formulate recommendations to help prevent similar mishaps in the future.
• Job requires detailed data-entry of technical information necessary in assisting in the monitoring of mishap reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Responsibilities also require extensive research dealing with OSHA and environmental regulations, vendor information, and logistical support for safety equipment and supplies.
• Ensure proper industrial safety procedures are followed in accordance with the contract and appropriate Federal, state, and local regulations, rules, and procedures.
• Provide administrative support including maintaining all departmental files, records, and publications needed to support organizational activities and to meet U.S. Department of State, Office of Aviation, Bureau For International Narcotics and Law Enforcement requirements.
• Provide written reports which are clear, concise and meaningful for all ground/aviation safety and environmental matters.
• Provide technical support in all types of Safety/Environmental issues such as data gathering, training, correspondence with CONUS and OCONUS internal customers, etc.
• Develop required reports, conduct briefings, safety training, and when directed conduct quarterly safety and semiannual safety stand down meetings.
• Assist in maintaining accident and incident records, files, and reports. Requires data entry and corrections to files on an as needed basis.
• Conduct safety audits, fire extinguish inspections, and inspections of all first aid kits and other safety related equipment.
• Develop and maintain information technology work orders and confirm when work has been properly completed.
• Maintain and log all purchase request items to include when received.
• Process Occupational Hazard Reports including investigating the hazard and ensuring mitigations are in place.
• When needed, perform duties as an active member of an aircraft accident board.
• When needed coordinate first responder duties during an onsite accident.
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Expert knowledge in the technical field of aviation safety and accident prevention and experience in use of DOD, FAA, NTSB, or lCAO documentation is required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of OSHA and Environmental regulations is required.
• Knowledge of how to acquire Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and understand regulatory requirements is required.
• Very detailed and able to work independently or in groups.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to remain calm and be the voice of reason in stressful situations.
• Demonstrate professional bearing and a high-degree of technical competency in the field of aviation safety, mishap prevention, and accident investigation.
• Ability to be persistent in the face of difficult problems or challenges.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language are critical with the ability to pay close attention to details.
• Able to change directions with the needs of the work environment and take-on additional responsibilities based on operational needs.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to goals of the organization.
• High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
• Must have a Bachelor Degree majoring in Aviation Safety or a related field and DOD Aviation Safety and Accident Investigation Course.
• Five (5) or more years U.S. Military or DOD Aviation Safety Officer experience is required dealing with safety and environmental laws, rules, and regulations in addition to risk management and mitigation.
• FAA Commercial Pilots License -Instrument, with at least 1,500 hours of in aircraft flight
• Must have previously held or have active Government Security Clearance.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation and a drug screening.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Previous experience in conducting aircraft accident investigations is highly desirable.
• Prior experience as an instructor pilot, standardization pilot, and/or instrument flight examiner is desirable.
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com , click on career opportunities.
Requisition ID: YUL0163