Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Foley, AL 36535
Candidates should have some experience in elderly care.
As a Care Giver, you provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in
These services generally fall under three categories:
- Home Helper
- Personal Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual.
The primary responsibilities of companionship services include the following:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meal and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation.
The primary responsibilities of Home Helper services include the following:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Light Laundry (Small Loads for Client)
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments if approved (You must notify Candlelight office supervisor)
Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living.
The primary responsibilities of Personal Care services include the following:
- Assisting with bathing, toileting and incontinence issues
- Assisting with grooming
Secondary responsibilities include the following:
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned
- Reporting hours according to office policy
- Reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff Essential Qualifications
An individual must possess the minimum education, experience and skills to perform the primary and secondary responsibilities the job requires.
Additional Qualifications Include:
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
Ability to drive or take public transportation to clients’ locations
The Care Giver position may require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle.
The Care Giver position provides opportunities for a variety of shifts, including overnight.