Sr. Systems and Integration Engineer, Stages Element
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama****incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.;
This opportunity will provide systems engineering, requirements management, verification and validation (V&V;) coordination, and element/system level integration support to the MSFC Systems Requirements & Verification Branch (EV73) for the Space Launch System (SLS) Stages Office, and to the MSFC Systems Engineering and Integration Division (EV70).
The successful candidate will coordinate and interface with Stages Element Chief Engineer and the Stages Element Lead Systems Engineer, as well as participate in reviews, meetings, working groups, task teams, and trade studies. The candidate will supply leadership and/or support for the development of key systems engineering products for Stages, support program/project milestones, and subsequent activities where these products are assessed and matured.
- Lead and/or support element and/or subsystem design trades and analysis necessary to validate the requirements, maintain control of the design baseline, and continually track compliance of the design to the requirements during design, development, testing and evaluation.
- Lead and/or support the development of key systems engineering products and analyses for the Stages Element to support program/project milestones and the subsequent activities where these products are assessed and matured.
- Evaluate Prime Contractor deliverables including requirements, specifications, and verifications of allocated end item specification requirements, as well as verification closures of NASA performed joint verification compliance analyses and assessments.
- Provide insight/oversight of SLS Stages products and activities related to systems engineering, systems integration, requirements, V&V;, and test planning throughout the project life-cycle.
- Generate compliance reports to address the SLS allocated requirements from the system specification.
- Lead and/or support element and/or subsystem design trades and analysis.
- Provide support for requirement V&V; and support element level integration activities for the Stages Office of the SLS Project, including V&V; planning, execution, coordination, and integration for Stages systems/subsystems.
- Identify, describe, and communicate potential risks related to the products, processes and interactions in the systems engineering processes and document them in the NASA Risk Management System.
- Provide technical integration of the Stages element with other SLS elements and cross-program elements, including risk-based insight/oversight through traceability and assessment of verification activities, and support of cross-program and element interface verification to assure effective and efficient V&V; of all Stages Interfaces.
- Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in systems engineering and integration, launch vehicle definition, functional design, design integration, launch vehicle performance analyses, flight evaluation planning, requirement verification, and/or requirement validation.
- Experience in developing verification strategies, verification planning, and facilitating the successful completion of verification compliance activities.
- Experience with defining and managing interfaces, interface requirements, and interface verification.
- Knowledge of component level and integrated systems qualification and acceptance testing, as well as experience in developing and delivering briefings to NASA program, test, and verification boards.
- Familiarity with NASA Systems Engineering policies and procedures related to verification, and have experience using tools/systems to manage verification compliance data.
- Excellent oral, written, and customer relation skills, and be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Personnel are required to be self-directed, effective team players familiar with working in a dynamic work environment who are willing to assume a leadership role in this SLS verification, validation, and test planning effort.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- An understanding and knowledge of the current SLS program and a working understanding of the SLS Element interfaces.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries and engineering disciplines to identify and resolve vehicle/propulsion systems integration issues.
- Knowledge of launch vehicle programmatic planning processes and experience performing oversight of prime contractor hardware production, test, and certification efforts.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Code: 18-ESA-001
Location: Huntsville, AL
Clearance Required: National Agency Check