Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
SYLACAUGA, AL 35150
Who are we? Watch to find out!
Do you have a long-term vision for your career? Isn?t it time you joined a company that thinks the same as you do? At Koch Fertilizer, 90% of earnings are reinvested in the company so that we can create opportunities and long-term value for our customers, employees, and society. Our culture is defined by theMarket-Based Managementphilosophy that guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC (KAS), and its affiliates produce and market a proven and expanding global portfolio of plant performance technologies for agriculture producers and turf and ornamental professionals. With a commitment to creating real, sustainable, long-term value for customers and society, Koch Agronomic Services focuses on developing customer-driven solutions to improve plant performance and minimize environmental impact. Koch Agronomic Services, LLC, is a subsidiary of Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC. www.kochagronomicservices.com
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Assistant Operator for the Sylacauga, AL plant. This role is responsible for assisting the lead operator during plant startup and in phases of production, helping with monitoring plant equipment for malfunction and reporting it in a timely manner.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Assisting the lead operator with maintenance in the plant
- Performing general maintenance such as screen changes, filter changes and replacement of spray nozzles
- Preparing reports and complete safety checks in various plant activities
- Bagging, labeling products and transferring them to a staging area driving/using a forklift
- Making sure the plants are clean and organized
- Collecting quality control samples
- Completing Operator Care assessments of equipment
What You Will Need:
- 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to understand procedures
- Ability to understand safety & environmental risks associated with working in a production facility
- Ability to effectively communicate with managers, customers and peers
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Valid Driver’s License
High school diploma or GED or 5+ years of work experience in an operations or manufacturing role
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2+ years of experience in a fertilizer production facility
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing equipment (bucket elevators, conveyor belts, etc.)
- Experience with both batch and continuous manufacturing processes
- Experience with working with chemicals in a manufacturing environment
- Lock out, tag out experience
- Must be able to climb stairs and lift up 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary breathing test and wear a respirator type mask
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
You may not always see our name on the products you use, but at Koch Industries, we work each day to help make better food, clothing, shelter, transportation, technologies, and other necessities. With a presence in almost every state across America, there are more than 60,000 of us striving to make valued products that create more opportunities for everyone. We Are Koch Industries