Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dothan, AL 36303
*May attach another sheet for job description.
Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Account Manager in Dothan, AL
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401 (k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on…
Under general supervision, the Sales Representative serves customers by selling products to businesses, industrial and medical establishments, or individuals at sales office, store, showroom or customer’s place of business. Meets customers’ needs and resolves customer’s problems.
• Services existing accounts; obtains orders; and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers/prospects by traveling throughout territory or talking with customers on sales floor or telephone.
• Compiles list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, trade journals, and other sources.
• Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of product and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor by displaying or demonstrating product using catalog or samples and emphasizing sellable features. Sales representatives must be able to explain types of gases and uses to customers.
• Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of company’s production and delivery schedules using software program set up by company.
• Prepares sales contract for orders obtained and submits order to appropriate company personnel.
• Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by company’s policies and procedures.
• Meets or exceeds gas and equipment sales goals specified in the individual market plans.
• Meets with manager to discuss special accounts, projects and situations.
• Checks accounts receivable as to status of existing account; communicate with credit and contact customers regarding overdue payment if relationship with customer is good.
• Obtains approval from credit department for new accounts.
• Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Recommends changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments and discussions with vendors.
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making recommendations to management.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks with other technical people and vendors and participating in professional societies.
• Protects operation of company by keeping financial, production, sales and marketing information and plans confidential.
• Maintain a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate image.
• Perform counter sales in a back-up capacity.
• Assist with store inventory.
• Provide backup during vacations and other instances of personnel shortages.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university or one to two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of experience selling medical, specialty or industrial gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers while working for an industrial or specialty gas producer.
• Industry experience preferred and related product knowledge is essential.
• Negotiating and selling skills required with a proven record of achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
• Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Prior experience with SAP order entry software, a definite plus.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent presentation and good negotiating and public speaking skills.
• Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
• Ability to drive and walk considerable distances on a daily basis (5-100 miles per day).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention detail.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Ability to read speaks, write, spell and understand the English language.
• Moderate work processing skills including windows.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
• Ability to routinely lift 25 – 75 lbs., climb, reach and perform various physical maneuvers to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
• Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/FA/et/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or disability