Berry Fleet Over the Road (OTR) Long Haul Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
MONTGOMERY, AL 36107
Berry Fleet Over the Road (OTR) Long Haul Driver
+ Job ID: 6346
+ Functional Area: MANUFACTURING
+ Position Type: Full-Time Regular
+ Relocation Provided: No
+ Location: MONTGOMERY, AL
+ Education Required: High School or GED
+ Experience Required: 3 – 5 Years
Berry Global (NYSE: BERY) is a $7.9B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what’s important!
Berry Global, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Driver stationed in Montgomery, AL. Your expert skills for safe and efficient road driving will have you on the road with Berry Global driving a late model Class A CMV. Trucks are equipped with full size sleeper bunks, automatic transmissions, and APU units for auxiliary power, heating and cooling. All trucks are full service leased units. Most come with built-in refrigerators and all new units arriving will.
You can look forward to:
- Initial sign on bonus
- Above average pay per mile, averaging 2700 miles per week
- Paid holidays, Vacation Pay, Competitive Berry Global benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance options, 401K, and more.
- Paid Layovers, Paid down time for equipment break down
- Quarterly safety incentive averaging $500, Progressive annual safety incentive from $550 – $1,000
- Up $200 for clean DOT roadside inspections.
Drivers deliver finished goods to customers, consisting of Berry Global head-haul and back-haul freight and brokered freight when needed, and ensures load is secured prior to leaving facilities. Majority of freight is No-Touch, but in rare instances driver may assist with unloading. Obtains Shipping Bill of Lading and necessary signatures and returns completed paperwork. Complies with Company record keeping requirements. Complies with Company communication requirements. Maintain company equipment in a clean and organized manner. Observe all traffic and safety regulations and all other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 25 years of age and possess a valid Class A – Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Required minimum 3 years over the road driving experience preferred on similar equipment and road conditions
- Must be able to drive in all 48 states
- Must have knowledge of and comply with all FMCSA rules and regulations governing safe driving, hours of service and maintenance equipment
- Must be able to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language sufficiently to perform various tasks of the job including, but not limited to; communicating with co-workers or the general public; understanding oral and written instructions, highway traffic signs and signals, company manuals, policies and governmental regulations; responding to questions and inquiries from management and government representatives and accurately completing various shipping papers, reports and records required of the position.
- Must be able to accurately and efficiently perform the mathematical calculations necessary to do the work including; determination of hours of service, computation of time and mileage. Knowledge of PeopleNet ELD a plus, but will train.
- Must not have a criminal record of a felony conviction or misdemeanor violence spawned conviction.
- Must have a satisfactory employment history.
- Must be physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle as demonstrated by a current medical examiner’s certificate.
- Must be willing take and pass a driving test on company equipment in order to demonstrate driving skills and ability, if deemed necessary.
- Must be capable of working independently without constant supervision.
- Must have a record of safe and competent driving (personal and commercial) as demonstrated on state Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs).
- Must be able to physically perform ALL duties required in the performance of driving a CMV and the timely pickup and delivery of assigned material.
- Applicant must complete a DOT application accurately and entirely (all that applies), Listing the last 10 years of employment, with the last 3 being verified per FMCSA regulations. Must provide a color copy (front & back) of valid CDL
- Will need copy of Medical Card.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.