Recycling Technician - OJT
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36104
Candidates are required to meet eligibility requirements under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) to be considered for on-the-job training. Apply for WIOA On-the-Job Training at the Montgomery Career Center. Eligibility interviews are conducted Monday – Thursday between 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Apply Fridays between 8:00 a.m. to noon. Bring the following documentation with you: Job Order #, Driver’s License or State-issued ID, Social Security Card, and Proof of Gross Income from all jobs held in the last six months (Documentation can include pay stubs, signed statement from employer or verification of government assistance such as SNAP Benefits—Food Stamps, TANF, etc.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Sort materials, such as metals, glass, wood, paper or plastics, into appropriate areas.
• Operate recycling equipment.
• Able to handle undesirable material, which may be odorous in nature.
• Clean work areas by sweeping, raking, picking up debris, or moving barrels or bins during and after production.
• Rotate to different work stations as required to provide relief.
• Provide assistance to the Maintenance department as required.
• Notify management in the event of any condition that may pose a risk to safety including physical, biological, or chemical hazards.
• Maintains prompt, regular attendance.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Team Leader, Recycling Supervisor, Director of Operations, or Plant Manager.