Eye Care Assistant (OJT)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dothan, AL 36301
This is an On-the-Job Training (OJT) Opportunity for individuals who meet WIOA requirements. Applicants must visit the Dothan Career Center to complete an eligibility assessment and must have an updated Alabama JobLink account and resume.
Eye Center South is looking to hire a full-time Eye Care Assistant who will be trained to perform administrative and clinical duties to assist with patient care.
This position requires attention to detail, dependability, confidentiality, excellent customer service, communication and computer skills, a professional appearance, and a friendly outgoing personality. The ideal candidate will be well-spoken and have the ability to work as part of a team, with some previous medical office or patient care experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Excellent work attendance record.
- Reliable transportation to/from work.
- Drug screening and criminal background check.
- Work experience in customer service, office support, medical clinic, or patient care preferred.
• Contact patients via telephone for appointment reminders, gather medical history information, scheduling testing at off-site facilities, etc.
• Schedule appointments for new or recurring patients as required.
• Assist other staff and departments as needed.
• Provide patients with support and assistance, and guide them around the facility as needed
• Acts as scribe while physician examines patient and enter relevant data into electronic medical records.
• Learn to take an ocular history and accurately record visual acuity.
• Learn to perform visual testing and administer diagnostic tests.
• Learn to administer topical ophthalmic or oral medications under the direction of the physician.
• Learn to assist with in-office procedures and provide patient education.
• Answer multi-line phone system and handle calls appropriately.
• Greet patients upon arrival, sign them in and obtain insurance or other information.
• Provide patients with appropriate forms, office policies, and legally required documents.
• Process payments from patients.
• Complete required training for HIPAA, OSHA, and bloodborne pathogens as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Visit the Dothan Career Center to apply for this position. Applicants must have an updated Alabama JobLink account, active resume and WIOA customer information sheet. All applicants must have an in-person, seated interview with career center staff to check for suitability and WIOA OJT eligibility. If certified as WIOA OJT eligible, resume will be forwarded to the employer and the employer will schedule an interview as desired.