Quality Housekeeping Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Foley, AL 36535
Title: Quality Housekeeping Specialist
Reports To: Housekeeping Area Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Welcoming over 100,000 to the Gulf Coast each year requires a dedicated team of professionals to Make It Happen! This position merges the most important aspects of providing arriving guests with a memorable first impression; team members in this role have a direct impact on setting the course for vacationing families to have a clean, safe, and enjoyable accommodation experience – you are The Director of First Impressions!
If the responsibility of making other’s vacation dreams come true excites you, this is your opportunity! Quality Housekeeping Specialists are relied upon to serve as the companies “feet on the ground” merging tasks from multiple areas to create a streamlined environment to prepare properties for guest arrival. If working independently is your style, if you value quality work and care for the experience you are creating for another person to enjoy is exciting, this is your chance to earn money while gaining a true sense of accomplishment! Performing routine housekeeping duties is where this role begins, as well as property inspections utilizing a Quality Assurance Application to quickly and thoroughly photograph property rent readiness, needed maintenance items or other issues to be addressed to a great guest and/or owner experience. Real time guest feedback regarding arrival experience may provide opportunity for direct guest interaction and service recovery.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform routine housekeeping duties in assigned units and houses by 4pm arrival while meeting Meyer Standards
- Maintain sufficient stock of supplies for proper performance
- Report property rent ready blocks, such as damages, safety hazards, or needed maintenance issues either by phone from the field or by the Quality Assurance App
- Utilizing the Quality Assurance App, complete inspections of rental units, to include photos after cleaning is performed, to ensure cleaning standards are consistently met
- Perform general property inspections and report replacements needed
- Proactively communicate with guests and owners when housekeeping concerns are reported and remain involved until customer satisfaction is reached
- As needed, deliver and place laundry in units and/or replenishment inventory items to guests when requested
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Care for the guest experience and excellent people skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to speak respectfully with others while listening to their perspectives and concerns
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take initiative and respond in a timely manner; including situations that do not have a standard solution
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks including mopping, vacuuming, making beds and carrying laundry bags
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate computer proficiency, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, including typing skills
- Ability to learn company specific software
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules and carry out responsibilities on evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong reading and English skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions generally acquired through a high school education.
- Required to attend and successfully complete an orientation and training program.
- Reading and numerical comprehension skills sufficient to utilize interactive touch-screen computer system
- Experience in the vacation rental industry is helpful, but not required.
- Some general housekeeping experience and familiarity with use of household appliances and cleaning equipment needed.
- Medium work which requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Employee is subject to coastal climate conditions; extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Employee may be exposed to other conditions such as wind and high humidity
- Employee is subject to vibrations and exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body
- Employee is subject to hazards which may include physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and high places, work in small crawl spaces, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- Employee is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: odors, dusts, mists, or poor ventilation
- Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another
- Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing a computer terminal and reading
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb, and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells
Valid driving license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- During peak season, required to work weekends and holidays.
I affirm that I have read the above job description and am physically able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of this position WITH WITHOUT (circle one) accommodation.
Employee Signature: _________________________________ Date: _______________
Manager Signature: __________________________________ Date: _______________
Human Resources: __________________________________ Date: _______________