Warehouse Support (Paid Youth Internship)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dothan, AL 36303
This is a Youth Work Based Learning (WBL) paid internship opportunity for out-of-school youth ages 17-24. Applicant must not be enrolled in high school or college. Must meet WIOA youth eligibility requirements. Applicants must visit the Dothan Career Center to complete an eligibility assessment and must have an updated Alabama JobLink account and resume.
This youth internship is a part-time temporary position working 30 hours per week for 13 weeks, with the potential to become a full-time permanent employee upon completion, depending on job performance and position availability.
The Warehouse Support is a key member of the Warehouse Operations team responsible for providing support by performing many general functions in order to support the efficient operations of the warehouse. This is a physically demanding position and working conditions will be inside and outside where temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold, and working in rain for extended periods.
- Age 17-24
- Not attending high school or college
- Meet WIOA youth eligibility requirements
- Access to reliable and available transportation to get to work
- Basic knowledge of equipment/tolls needed to fulfill the needs of the essential tasks
- Provide general services to the Operations Management.
- Assist in the handling of product returned to the warehouse.
- Assist in the handling and rework of damaged product.
- Assist in general housekeeping functions within the warehouse, offices, and grounds.
- Assist in the generation of documents used in the loading process as required.
- Assist warehouse loaders as requested.
- Must follow all safety guidelines as required by management.
- Responsible for wearing all assigned safety equipment and observing safety rules.
- Required to complete other activities assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for continuous self-improvement through the knowledge and use of all Company and Division provided training, either web-based, in-house, or any other Company provided method.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.