Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Talladega, AL 35161
R-4047 Reference #997150056
Posting Date: March 21, 2019
POSITION: Bus Driver
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must hold current valid Alabama School Bus Driver’s License.
• Must be insurable under AIDB fleet policy
• Must possess good driving record with no record of DUI. Record will be checked for previous 5 years.
• Must obtain wheelchair lift and securement certification within (6) months of employment.
• Must pass AIDB drug screening process.
• A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
• Desired experience in working with the deaf, hearing impaired and possessing the ability to communicate through the use of sign language.
• Desired experience in working with the blind, visually impaired and knowledge of basic mobility techniques will also be given preference.
• Must complete CPR/First Aide within the first twelve (12) months of employment. Must maintain certification after initial certification.
• Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
• Provide safe and timely transportation for AIDB’s students or clients.
• Abide by all federal, state, local, and AIDB rules, regulations, laws, and policies.
• Complete and turn in all paperwork required by AIDB transportation department.
• Keep bus on regular schedule.
• Never leave a student unattended at his/her stop without permission.
• Communicate efficiently on 2 way radio and/or cellular phone.
• Will be responsible for cleanliness of bus interior.
• Handle and report discipline problems in accordance with school guidelines.
• Be available for parent/student/principal conferences.
• Perform acceptable pre and post trip inspection and report any problems.
• Keep accurate and truthful time sheet for payroll purposes.
• Remain calm and handle emergency situations as they arise.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director.
SALARY: $21.02 – $25.33 per hour Scale HB Rank 01
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Direct deposit is required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.