Goods Receiving/Inventory Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
Main point is goods receiving, check quantity and quality. Note, manage and clear discrepancies.
General checks to improve inventory accuracy
Analyse data to find issues and solution.
1. Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas
2. Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
3. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
4. Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
5. Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
6. Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
7. Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
8. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.