IT Manager (Information Technology Manager)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Goodwater, AL 35072
The Alabama IT manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT manager will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices. This position will office in Goodwater, AL with scheduled visits to the Eclectic, AL plant and occasional trips to the Terrell, TX facility.
1. Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
2. Manage the monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
3. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
4. Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
5. Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
6. Keep current with the latest technologies.
7. Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
8. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
9. Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
10. Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, and disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
11. Develop requests for proposal.
12. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
13. Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
14. Manage IT staffing, including recruitment for Alabama, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
15. Establish and maintain written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Communication Proficiency
4. Problem Solving
5. Technical Capacity
6. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
7. Detail oriented and well organized
8. Exceptional at being a team player and team leader
9. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize
10. Ability to effectively communicate with other departments, vendors, and staff
11. Must have experience and be proficient in use and deployment of Windows desktop operating systems including Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10 Enterprise
12. Must be proficient in the use and configuration of CISCO Unity Call Manager
13. Experience with and ability to configure Atlassin JIRA software preferred
14. Knowledge of Veeam and VERITAS backup software preferred
15. Knowledge and use of RFID systems beneficial.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
2. Minimum of 7 years of experience in ever-increasing job responsibilities in a similar position