COORD, CATERING (FULL-TIME)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
TUSCALOOSA, AL 35486
Posted Date: Apr 22, 2019
- We have an opening for a full-time *COORDINATOR, CATERING *position.
- Location: University of Alabama Athletics Dept., 1091 Coliseum Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 /Note: online applications accepted only./
- Schedule: F/T; Schedule must be flexible based on business needs and events.
- Requirement: Heavy data entry/admin experience required.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We’re hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We’ve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
Summary: As a Catering Coordinator, you will hold duties related to sales/marketing, administration, and coordination for on and off premise catering events. The position entails a need for excellent attention to detail and communication skills; ability to multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously, accurate distribution of pertinent information both internally to all departments as well as to clients and related vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inputs and maintains all reserve data for all events including inquiries, tentative and definite. Details function sheets with equipment needs and rental orders.
- Creates captain’s packets for each event including staff sheets, equipment pulls, beverage pulls, signage, expo sheets, etc. as needed and assures that captains are in receipt of packet.
- Creates buffet signage and printed menus as required for each event.
- Assembles and performs upkeep of organized event files including all correspondence, orders, invoices, payments, proposals, function sheets, etc.
- Processes certificate of insurance requests.
- Intakes inquiries including all pertinent event information client contact, date, time, format, number of guests, location, etc.
- Prepares proposals for events and submits staff requisitions.
- Supports sales initiatives through research, marketing interface, communications and sourcing
- Works with marketing department on materials and promotions.
- Assists with client walkthroughs of venue spaces and provides on-site sales representation at events as scheduled.
- Receives and processes all deposits.
- Reviews reserve financial entry to assure accurately forecasted and communicates with accounting on any needs, clarification, etc.
- Prepares final event invoicing and expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Assists in scheduling meetings, appointments, travel, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in dining, catering and/or events.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the business demands.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organization skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Marketing is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 271403