Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Alabaster, AL 35007
Job Description Lead Mechanic
Responsible for assisting in Maintenance department performing set-ups, preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting problems, and other departmental needs as they arise. Must have +5 years maintenance mechanic experience in a manufacturing industry. Must have knowledge of all facets of mechanical and industrial repairs. Must have at least 2 years experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, PMs, valves, cylinders, drilling and tapping. Must own hand tools, be able to operate various types of forklifts, be able to use hand tools, tape measure, grinder, sander, and saws. Help improve shift start-up through “hands-on” involvement and solving machine issues/problems. Identify machine malfunctions, worn parts, or operations that look out of the ordinary and could cause a safety hazard. Conduct preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment: daily, weekly, and monthly and maintain compressors/air dryer systems. Conduct a weekly inspection of overhead cranes, hoists, and lifts. Maintain a log of these inspections. Complete regular maintenance on Company Vehicles. Contact contractors and suppliers when needed.
Job Type: Full-time
The Lead Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance of all plant equipment and facilities along with machine set-up responsibilities.
• Must have a high degree of mechanical aptitude.
• Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
• Maintain a parts list of the most frequently used items for each machine.
• Provide assistance to machine operators if a machine is not working properly.
• Meet weekly with the Plant Manager to discuss plant maintenance issues and projects. Update job process sheets as things become outdated.
• Follow and enforce OSHA/safety compliance at all times.
• Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, communicate clearly, providing direction and information to employees and supervisors.
• Ability to maintain composure and keep emotions in checked in difficult situations.
• Ability to use all common hand tools and work from a prioritized task list, must be flexible for possible changes.
• Must perform duties with little or no instructions. Must be a self-starter.
• Ability to solve problems that arise without supervision.
• Must show respect for Company property, take ownership of the machines used.
• Ability to provide suggestions for operational improvement.
• Willingness to work in all types of environments and complete other tasks as assigned.
Supreme Cores Holdings, LLC benefits include: 4 day work week, health/dental/life insurance, paid holidays, paid & unpaid time off, 401(k), uniform program and bi-annual bonuses.