Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36607
Nurses – The Heartbeat of Diversicare
Elevated and empowered nurses is the key to excellence.Diversicareiscommitted to creating an environment where our nurses are supported, have access to information, educational opportunities, resources, and have our advocacy to leverage their compassion, strong voices and intellect.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
We live our Core Values of Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork & Stewardship every day with every life we touch, providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.
If these are your values as well, APPLY NOW !
Renders professional nursing service to residents within an assigned unit/wing in support of medical care as directed by the medical staff; supervises CNAs to ensure a high quality of care is provided to all residents of that unit.
1. Responsible for daily nursing operations of a specific unit/wing.
2. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the residents; checks each resident daily to determine status; ensures residents reach highest attainable level of functioning.
3. Prepares equipment and assists physicians during their rounds.
4. Administers prescribed medications, orally and by injection; provides treatments using therapeutic equipment; ensures proper handling and storage of medications and controlled substances.
5. Observes resident’s reactions to medications and treatments.
6. Observes, records, and reports changes in residents’ condition to supervisor and attending physician.
7. Maintains resident’s medical record by way of documentation as required by policy.
8. Provides education to residents and families regarding care.
9. Assists in planning, supervising and instructing CNA; assigns daily work assignments to ensure positive outcomes for residents.
10. Implements and maintains policies and procedures.
11. Ensures that safe work practices are utilized.
12. Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
13. Assists in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program and ensures follow-up occurs.
14. Reports accurately to oncoming shift Charge Nurse regarding change in resident status and follow-up needs.
15. Completes performance evaluations timely for CNAs
16. Coaches and disciplines CNAs as needed – ensures personnel policies are followed.
17. Recommends staffing, equipment and supply needs to DON.
18. Responsible for capturing charges for all supplies issued to residents on that unit.
19. Participates in care planning process and ensures the Nursing component is implemented.
20. Ensures the rights of residents are respected; coordinates with other departments and ensures residents are taken to activities, etc.
21. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
22. Maintains effective communication with residents, families and facility staff.
1. Has a current license by the State Board of Nursing as an RN.
2. Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
3. Ability to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change, as work schedule will change on a daily basis.
4. Able to work intimately with residents, physicians, and staff.
5. Experience in the long term care setting preferred.
6. Capable of working to prescribed nursing standards.
7. Good interpersonal and communication skills; has an interest to perform a service.
Job ID 2019-31258
Location Name Lynwood Nursing & Rehab Center
Address 4164 Halls Mills Road