Software Developers - All Levels - P
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Position : Software Developers – All Levels – P
Location : Huntsville, AL
ASRC Federal provides cutting edge engineering, development, and analytical systems to warfighters and tactical decision-makers in the DoD. We develop solutions for data exploitation as a means to compress decision-making chains, and provide timely and authoritative decision support .
This position is for a Software Engineer on the DOD Program
This person must have an active or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
The selected candidate with be responsible for Specific tasks that include but are not limited to :
- Candidate will help generate software design artifacts, implement software, support design and code reviews, support software testing and resolution of issues arising from software testing.
Qualified Candidate Must:
*Working knowledge of DOD C2 Systems
- working knowledge Defense communications systems,
- Experience in some or all of the following areas also desired:
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with Software Integration testing
Candidate must have :
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to evaluate software performance issues, identify root cause and recommend a solution
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal guidance, and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Have good working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Familiar with Agile Development
+ 2-5 years experience in Real time mission critical development, maintenance, or support in an Open/Layered Architecture Environment; Operating Environments; Model-based tools; Information Assurance; Tools Development; Safety Analysis; Real-Time System Data Analysis; Problem Analysis; System Integration.
+ Experience with Object Oriented design/development including the employment of Design Patterns to facilitate the utilization of software insulation techniques and plugins
+ 1+ years of experience developing software with C++ and/or Java. Experience with Python and Bash a plus.
+ Experience working with the Windows, Solaris, and LINUX environments.
+ Experience developing Solaris, and other variants of UNIX scripts.
+ Strong skills with MS Office and Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as Eclipse.
+ Familiar with UML syntax and its use.
+ Familiar with the xUnit framework, especially JUnit and CppUnitLite.
+ Familiar with driver-based and automated test environments
+ Knowledge of low level system performance monitoring and analysis.
+ Experience with CMMI life cycle processes and procedures.
+ US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Experience with the following tools are considered a plus:
+ GIT (Version Control software)
Bachelors degree (in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field) or equivalent related work experience.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.