Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
SYLACAUGA, AL 35150
Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Agronomic Services LLC is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven?Environmental, Health & Safety?Coordinator?to join our team at our?Sylacauga, AL coated fertilizer plant. The EH&S Coordinator will be a field resource responsible for driving EH&S culture, training, inspections and improvements associated with the Environmental, Health and Safety, Site Security, and Transportation compliance throughout the facility. This role reports directly to the EH&S Manager and will be the key resource for Environmental compliance.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:?
Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to employees on day-to-day Environmental topics
Inspections, including but not limited to waste, SPCC and NPDES
Preparation of agency submittals
Management of the waste program that includes training, inventory and preparation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste shipments
Understand and provide oversight for environmental permits, limitations, and expectations to ensure compliance
Responsible for managing environmental permit renewals in program areas of air, water and waste
Reviewing and suggesting improvement projects to address compliance needs and taking appropriate action to accommodate project timelines
Interact with government agencies as required
Facilitate agency inspections and internal audits
Assist with ?boots on the ground? for Contractor and Safe Work Permit job walk-downs
Assist with field verifications for LOTO, Confined Space, Elevated Work, Hot Work, and JSA
Other activities as needed for the operation of a safe and compliant facility
What You Will Need: (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience with SPCC, NPDES, SQG and LQG waste generation, air compliance, EPCRA and TSCA?requirements
- Experience?working with EPA and other pertinent local, state and federal regulatory drivers pertaining to industrial facilities
- Availability to work extended hours and/or on-call
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in science, engineering or an?environmental field OR 3+ years of experience in an Environmental Compliance role
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders
- Must be able to?pass a pulmonary breathing test?
- Must be able to?lift up to 30 pounds as needed
What Will Put You Ahead: (Preferred Qualifications)
- 5+ years of industry experience within a fertilizer, petrochemical, mining, material handling or other similar heavy manufacturing industry in the areas of Environmental Compliance
- Air and Water Permitting experience
Want to learn more about KAES?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran